I've had / am having the privilege of (co)supervising the following PhD students, post-docs, scientific programmers and MSc students:
- Ayushi Rastogi (Jul 2018), working on developer productivity (also with Arie van Deursen).
- Enrique Larios (Jul 2017 – Jul 2020). Worked on the CodeFeedr project (also with SIG). Now teaching team at the Delft University of Technology.
- Moritz Beller (Jan 2018 – May 2020). Worked on software analytics. Now research engineer at Facebook.
- Maria Kechagia (May 2017 – May 2019). Worked on static analysis. Now postdoc at UCL.
- Amir Mir (Oct 2019): Dependency management and machine learning
- Elvan Kula (May 2019): Software process optimization, also at ING
- Mehdi Keshani (May 2019): Dependency management and static analysis
- Joseph Hejderup (Feb 2017): Dependency management and static analysis
- Moritz Beller (Jan 2014 – Dec 2018): Feedback-driven software development (thesis) (co-promotor)
- Wouter Zorgdrager (Feb 2019), in the FASTEN project
- Joseph Hejderup (2015 – 2016) in the Pourquoi project.
- Maliheh Izadi (Jan 2020): Machine learning for Software Engineering
- Xunhui Zhang (Oct 2019): Software analytics
- Chushu Gao (Jan 2018 – Jan 2019), worked on software analytics, now at SIG
- Riivo Kikas (Feb 2016 – Jul 2016), worked on language ecosystem evolution
- Jonathan Katzy (Sep 2020): ML for code autocompletion
- Thomas Kolenbrander (Jun 2020): Predicting major incidents at ING
- Pradyot Patil (May 2020): Predicting outages by analyzing timeseries
- Algirdas Jokubauskas (Feb 2019): Dependency analysis at scale for Rust
Wouter van der Zwan (May 2018): Unified Call graphs for Java/Maven
- Elvan Kula (Feb 2018): Releasing fast and slow: a case study of rapid releases at ING (thesis, FSE 2019 paper). Now PhD student at SERG.
- Niels van Kaam (thesis): Epoch alignment in stateful streams.
- Rik Nijessen (2017): A Case for Deep Learning in Mining Software Repositories (thesis). Now at Adyen.
- Herman Banken (2017): Debugging data flows in reactive programs (thesis, RxFiddle, ICSE 2018 paper). Now at Q42.
- Yannic Smeets (2015): Improving the Adoption of Dynamic Web Security Vulnerability Scanners (thesis)
- Erik van der Veen (2014): Automatic prioritization of pull requests (paper, thesis)
- Phil Hunte: Automated data migration based on model coupled transformation (thesis)